Emerging Travel Group (ETG) is a travel-tech company that owns four brands: RateHawk, ZenHotels, Ostrovok.ru and B2B.Ostrovok.
We are seeking an Analyst for the Supply team who would enjoy deep diving into the operations of a large system, with several brands and a huge number of suppliers.
- communicate actively with the supply team and help them to take effective decisions on the basis of data;
- analyze the effectiveness of signing up new hotels, generate and verify hypotheses to increase it;
- analyze sales, prices and availability provided to us by suppliers, create and support tools enabling us to react promptly to problems;
- develop the business logic of specific products using a data-driven approach;
- create new analytics (Tableau dashboards, alerting systems and models) from the data collection stage to presentations and user training;
- create SQL queries to upload data and teach users how to work with them; maintain and support a library of SQL queries;
- work in close cooperation with the development team on collecting data and checking its quality.
We expect that you:
- have professional experience as an analyst of at least 2 years;
- have experience of analyzing data using Python tools (preferably) or Rtools;
- have excellent knowledge of SQL;
- have the ability to think critically as a habit, and you can prove all your arguments using numbers;
- can explain to a 5-year old child what marginality is and how the mean differs from the median;
- know how to establish effective communication with members of other teams.
- you know how to work with business intelligence applications such as Tableau;
- experience of working with Spark using Zeppelin;
- experience of working in the travel industry.
What we offer:
- 100% official salary.
- A comfortable office in the center of Moscow with a free gym, relaxation areas, unlimited tea/coffee and meals.
- Hybrid work format: remotely, in the office or combined.
- A flexible timetable — we don’t require you to be online or in the office at 09:00 sharp. You can start work at a time that suits you.
- Interesting and ambitious tasks that will take you to the next professional level.
- Learning: seminars, trainings and conferences. If you want to participate in a conference,we will help to organize it.
- Private health insurance.
- Team-building activities: movie nights, quizzes, thematic parties, annual trips to the countryside, football and volleyball matches.
- Corporate discounts on hotels and other services.
- A young and active team of super specialists.
Why you will enjoy working for us:
We have unlimited opportunities! During our 11 years of hard work we have saved terabytes of data that we constantly analyze and transform into useful knowledge and recommendations on how to improve our product, marketing, and service.
The department has four subdivisions, each of which is responsible for its own pool of responsibilities: from building a machine learning model to pricing of our product. We have rich expertise — many routine things have already been automated and a data-driven approach reigns.
We cooperate with absolutely all departments. We only care about the result, and not about how many hours you spend in the office. Therefore you may work from home or from the office, or choose a hybrid format.
We are obsessed with our work — we hold open demo meetings for all company staff, where we showcase the results of our efforts, as well as internal meetings where we exchange interesting approaches to solving tasks and our expertise. We love to share our expertise with other departments and we hold SQL trainings for other employees. The analytics team is serious, but also very friendly — on Fridays we play board games and regularly hold “analytical breakfasts”.
There are no rules or restrictions in our department, and nothing is taboo: learn, grow, experiment, invent new ways of achieving the targets — try it! We will always help and support you.